9 mins Serves 4 Vegetarian
|2 ½ cups||water|
|1 tsp||broken cashew nuts , fried|
|1 tsp||broken almonds, fried|
|1 tsp||green cardamom powder|
1. Preheat the skillet on a low flame and add suji. Roast until golden brown or until the colour desired. (Do not burn the suji as this will lead to a bitter taste in the halwa.)
2. Add sugar and water and stir in gently.
3. Cook on a medium flame with the lid on and the Redi-Temp™ valve open.
4. Once it whistles, close the valve and turn the flame to low and cook for 1 minute.
5. Turn off the flame.
6. Garnish with cashew nuts, almonds and green cardamom powder.