20 mins Serves 4 Vegetarian
|500 gms||okra (bhindi)|
|1⁄3 cup||roasted peanuts|
|2 tsp||coriander powder|
|1 tsp||dried mango powder (amchur)|
|2 tsp||red chilli powder|
|¼ tsp||turmeric powder|
|¼ tsp||asafoetida (hing)|
|salt to taste|
1. Wash bhindi and pat dry until there is no moisture present. Cut the top and bottom ends. Slit bhindi in the center and fill with dry masala.
2. Preheat the skillet on a medium flame.
3. Turn the flame low and put bhindi in the skillet. Cook on a low flame with the cover on and the Redi-Temp™ valve open (or for about 10 minutes).
4. Once the valve whistles, close it and cook on a low flame for 5 minutes.
5. Turn off the flame and rest the pan for 5 minutes.
6. Serve hot.