1 hour Serves 4 Vegetarian
|¼ cup||black lentils (urad dal), washed and soaked separately for 30 minutes|
|¼ cup||yellow lentils (yellow moong dal),washed and soaked overnight|
|¼ cup||split red gram (toor dal), washed and soaked overnight|
|¼ cup||bengal gram (chana dal), washed and soaked overnight|
|¼ cup||red lentils (masoor dal), washed and soaked overnight|
|¼ tsp||black mustard seeds (rai)|
|1 tsp||cumin seeds|
|¼ tsp||turmeric powder|
|200 gms||tomatoes, puréed|
|2 small||onions, finely chopped|
|1½ tsp||ginger garlic paste|
|a pinch||cardamom powder|
|1 tbsp||coriander, finely chopped|
|2||green chillies, finely chopped|
1. Preheat the dutch oven on a medium flame.
2. Add black mustard seeds, cumin seeds, onions and sauté for few seconds until translucent.
3. Add tomatoes, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder and curry leaves. Sauté for 2 minutes.
4. Add all dals and 3 cups of water and cook on a low flame with the lid on and the Redi-Temp™ valve open.
5. Once the valve whistles, close it and cook for 40-45 minutes with the lid on and the Redi-Temp™ valve closed.
6. Turn off the flame and rest the dutch oven for 10 minutes.
7. Garnish with coriander, cardamom powder, and green chillies.