20 mins Serves 4 Vegetarian
|1 cup||basmati rice|
|1 cup||green peas, fresh or frozen|
|1 large||onion, thinly sliced|
|1 tsp||cumin seeds|
|salt to taste|
|coriander, for garnish|
1. Wash the basmati rice and soak it for 30 minutes, drain and keep aside.
2. Preheat a dutch oven on a low flame. Add cumin and whole spices and wait until the fragrance gets released. (Do not burn the cumin seeds as this will lead to a bitter taste in the rice.)
3. Add sliced onion on a medium flame and sauté well until golden brown or cooked.
4. Add peas and sauté for a minute. Stir in the drained rice, salt and stir gently.
5. Add 2 cups of water and cook on a medium flame with the cover on and the Redi-Temp™ valve open.
6. Once the valve whistles, close the valve and cook on a low flame for 5 minutes.
7. Once cooked, uncover the rice and fluff it up with a fork.
8. Garnish with coriander.
9. Serve hot.