Squash and Coriander Soup
18 mins Serves 4 Vegetarian
|3 cups||squash, peeled and diced|
|1 cup||carrot, peeled and diced|
|1 cup||celery, cubed|
|1 medium||onion, finely chopped|
|2 cloves||garlic, finely chopped|
|1 tbsp||coriander powder salt and pepper to taste|
|½ cup||coriander leaves, for garnish|
1. Preheat a dutch oven on a medium flame; add onion and sauté until golden brown.
2. Mix in squash, carrot, celery, coriander powder and garlic to the sauté onions.
3. Add 3 cups of water and cook on a medium flame with the lid on and Redi-tempTM valve open.
4. Once the valve whistles, close the valve and lower the flame and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
5. Switch off the flame and let it rest for 5-6 minutes.
6. Open the lid, transfer to the mixer grinder. Blend it into a purée and strain it.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste, garnish it with coriander. Serve hot.