Dhoodhi Methi Muthia
30 mins Serves 2 Vegetarian
|1 cup||bottle gourd (lauki),|
|grated and water removed|
|1⁄4 cup||bengal gram powder (besan)|
|2 tbsp||semolina (suji)|
|2 tbsp||wheat flour (aata)|
|2 tsp||red chilli powder|
|2 tsp||turmeric powder|
|1 tbsp||dry fenugreek leaves,|
|(kasoori methi), hand crushed|
|2 tsp||coriander powder|
|coriander for garnish|
|salt to taste|
|1 tsp||mustard seeds|
|1 tsp||sesame seeds|
Chef’s Note: Use any grated vegetable for making Muthias, and it will taste yummy.
1. Take bottle gourd, bengal gram powder, semolina, wheat flour, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, curd, dry fenugreek leaves and salt in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
2. Make sausage shape long rolls of 1 inch diameter and place on a steaming tray for steaming in a dutch oven on a medium flame with the lid on and Redi- Temp® valve open.
3. Once the valve whistles, close the Redi- Temp® valve and cook on a low flame for 5 minutes.
4. Let it rest for 10 minutes, transfer the sausage shaped rolls on chopping board and slice them.
5. Preheat the skillet on a medium flame, add sesame seeds, mustard seeds, curry leaves, sugar, sliced muthias and toss it until completely coated.
6. Serve with mint sauce and tomato ketchup.