Mushrooms On Toast
15 mins Serves 2 Vegetarian
|250 gms||white button mushrooms, sliced|
|4||brown/multigrain bread, sliced|
|8-Jul||garlic cloves, chopped|
|4-Mar||basil leaves, chopped|
|to taste||black pepper, powder|
|to taste||Italian seasonings|
|to spread||butter (optional)|
1. Preheat the skillet, add the garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
2. Once it starts browning add the mushrooms, salt, black pepper powder and Italian seasonings.
3. Mix well and cover the skillet with lid and Redi-Temp® valve open; let it cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
4. Once the Redi-Temp® valve whistles, close it and turn the heat to low; let the mushroom mixture cook for 2-3 minutes more.
5. Open the lid, close the Redi-Temp ® valve and turn off the heat. Keep the mushroom mixture aside.
6. Toast the bread slices, spread some butter on it (optional). Arrange the toasts on a platter and top it up evenly with the mushroom mixture.
7. Pour the left-over juices of the mushroom mixture over the toasts. Garnish with chopped basil leaves and serve.