Mutton Rogan Josh
30 mins Serves 4 Non Vegetarian
|1 kg||mutton, curry cut|
|2 large||onions, sliced|
|4 large||tomatoes, blanched, deskinned and puréed|
|3 tbsp||ginger garlic paste|
|1 cup||yoghurt, whisked|
|1⁄2 cup||cashew nut paste|
|1 tbsp||coriander powder|
|1 tbsp||kashmiri red chilli powder|
|1 tbsp||cumin powder|
|1 tbsp||garam masala|
|for garnish||coriander leaves, chopped|
1. Preheat the dutch oven on medium heat.
2. Add whole garam masala, onions, mutton and sauté for 5 minutes.
3. Add ginger garlic paste, coriander powder, chilli powder, cumin powder, cashew nut paste, tomato puree, water and cook on a medium heat with the cover on and the Redi-Temp® valve open.
4. Once the valve whistles, open the cover, stir in yogurt and garam masala. Cover the dutch oven with the lid on and the Redi-Temp® valve closed. Turn the heat to low and cook for 20 minutes.
5. Switch off the heat and set aside the dutch oven for 5 minutes.
6. Open the cover after 5 minutes and garnish with coriander leaves.