Penne With Mushroom Sauce
18 mins Serves 2 Vegetarian
|1 medium||onion, chopped|
|1 large||green bell pepper, diced|
|3⁄4 cup||mushroom, sliced|
|1 1⁄2 tbsp||tomato purée|
|1⁄2 tsp||dried thyme|
|5-6 leaves||basil leaves|
|250 gms||mushrooms, sautéed and puréed|
|2 cups||water or vegetable stock|
|1 tbsp||red chilli flakes|
|100 gms||penne pasta|
|to taste||salt an black pepper powder|
|for garnish||parsley leaves, chopped|
|for garnish||parmesan cheese|
1. Preheat the skillet on medium heat. Cook the pasta as per the packet instructions.
2. Transfer the cooked pasta into a serve ware and keep it aside.
3. Preheat the skillet on medium heat, saute the onions until translucent. Pour in the tomato puree and keep stirring for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add all the vegetables along with salt, thyme, basil, chilli flakes and pepper powder. Mix well and pour in the water/vegetable stock.
5. Place the lid on with the Redi-TempTM valve open. Once the valve whistles, close Redi-TempTM valve and let it cook on low heat for 5-7 minutes.
6. Switch off the heat. Open the lid and garnish with parsley and cheese.
7. Serve hot with garlic bread.