Although summer is a time for fun and adventure, it can also be very hot and draining. During sweltering summer days, everyone seeks out something cold to escape the heat. Ice cream is one of the best and most popular ways to combat the heat while it's scorching outside. Yet, as a parent, you are aware that while ice cream is refreshing and sweet, it is not a dessert you want your children to have every day. What is the healthier alternative, which can withstand the heat and yet taste delicious? The Popsicle! In addition to being delicious, they can be a healthy treat for kids. With the help of Zoku ice popsicle molds and ice pop molds you can easily make your own popsicles at home, using fresh and healthy ingredients. In this blog, we will share some healthy homemade summer popsicle recipes that are perfect for kids and adults.
Benefits of Homemade Popsicles for Kids
When making popsicle at home you can use healthier substitutes for sugar and artificial flavours because you have control over the components. You can use fresh fruit, yogurt, or other natural sweeteners to make your popsicles more nutritious and better for your child's health.
Homemade popsicles allow you to customize flavours based on your child's preferences. You can experiment with different combinations of fruits, flavours, and textures to create popsicles that your child will love.
Popsicles are a great way to keep your child hydrated, especially during hot summer months. They are an excellent source of water, which is essential for children's health and well-being.
Fun and Creative Activity:
Making popsicles at home can be a fun and creative activity for kids. It allows them to participate in the process and helps them develop essential skills like measuring, pouring, and stirring.
Easy and Healthy Popsicle for Kids
Mango and Yogurt Popsicle
One cup of mango provides 70% of the recommended daily intake of vitamins and this 2-ingredient dessert is equal part healthy and delicious
- 1 large mango
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 tbsp honey (optional)
- In a blender add mango, yogurt (honey optional)
- Transfer to ; insert handles.
- Let it freeze completely, un-mold and enjoy!
Watermelon Lime Popsicle
These popsicles are a refreshing and hydrating treat that will cool down your kids on a hot summer day. Watermelon is also a good source of vitamins A and C, while lime adds a zesty flavour.
- 2 cups cubed watermelon (deseeded)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp
- In a blender, puree the watermelon smooth and add the lime juice.
- Add the honey and blend until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into ice pop molds and freeze for at least 4 hours or until firm.
Berry Smoothie Popsicle (with Mint)
This recipe takes everything wonderful about berry smoothies, adds a hint of mistiness, and pours it all into the ZOKU pop mold.
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 cup frozen / fresh mixed berries – Blueberries, Raspberries, Blackberries
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1-2 mint leaves (optional)
- Blend the yogurt, milk, berries, honey, and optional mint leaves on medium speed until smooth.
- Pour mixture into the ZOKU Pop Molds.
- Freeze and enjoy!
Fruity Vegan Popsicle
Here is one of our favourite vegan popsicle recipes: Fruity Fish Pops! These healthy homemade popsicles call for just two ingredients, making them the perfect treat for an activity-filled summer day.
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, raspberries, or mango.
- 1/3 cup coconut water, lemonade, or filtered water.
- Place fruit and liquid of choice into a blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour mixture into ZOKU’s Fish Pop Molds. Place pop handles into correct cavities.
- Freeze until firm. Gently un-mold the pops and enjoy immediately!
Apple, Pear, and Orange Quick Pops
For this popsicle you can consider all the combinations of fresh juice you can make; orange and pineapple, apple and black currant, carrot, strawberry and blueberry - the possibilities, and fun, are endless!
- ½ fresh apple juice; chilled
- ½ cup fresh pear juice; chilled
- ½ cup fresh orange juice; chilled
Make the apple, pear & orange juice base:
In a liquid measuring cup with a spout, stir together the apple, pear, and orange juices.
- Blend apple, pear and orange until smooth
- In a measuring cup with a spout, stir together the apple, pear and orange juices.
- Pour mixture into each cavity of Zoku Quick Pop Maker until you reach the fill line.
- Let freeze completely and then enjoy!