There’s nothing more refreshing to eat in summers than something this sumptuous, chilled and chatpata Aloo Chaat – an all-time favourite street food from Delhi. It’s simple, light and can be cherished in the summer heat when many of us cannot have heavy meals.
Plated beautifully in our Denby Studio Blue collection, this famous Indian street food has a burst of flavours and can be had as snack or meal and can be paired with your favourite chutneys.
- 500g Potato boiled, peeled and cubed
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika powder
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3/4 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Cup Yogurt
- Coriander Chutney as needed
- Tamarind Chutney as needed
- 1/4 Cup Nylon Sev
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Spice powders for sprinkling
- Cumin Powder
- Chaat masala
- Red Chilli Powder
- Heat oil in a pan, add the cubed potatoes.
- Add turmeric powder, paprika powder, salt and stir to combine.
- Fry until lightly brown. Switch off the flame.
- Add chaat masala, cumin powder, lemon juice and simply toss to combine.
- Divide the masala potatoes between 2 - 3 plates.
- Add a drizzle of yogurt, coriander chutney, tamarind chutney, nylon sev, a pinch of cumin powder, red chilli powder and chaat masala, pomegranate seeds and coriander leaves.
- Serve right away.