Cow milk, 1 litre (Doodh)
Apricots, 2 nos. soaked in warm water (Sukhe Anjeer)
Cashew, 8 nos. soaked in warm water (Kaju)
Almonds, 10 nos. soaked in warm water (Badam)
Saffron, ½ tsp (Kesar)
- Preheat the Milk Warmer on medium heat. Once done pour the milk & let it boil.
- Add kesar and allow the milk to simmer until it reduces at least by half the quantity.
- Keep stirring the vessel and scrape the malai or the cream with a wooden / silicon ladle from the sides and incorporate into the milk which allows the milk to thicken and get a silky texture.
- Take half the quantity of almonds, peel the skin and cut them into slivers.
- Meanwhile, puree the cashews, apricots and half the quantity of almonds in a mixer grinder with just a tsp of water.
- Once the milk has thickened, switch the heat to low and add the slivered almonds. Let it cook for about 5 mins and switch off the heat.
- Bring the mixture to room temperature and then add the dry fruit puree. Stir well.
- Now, allow this to cool in a refrigerator for at least 4-5 hours before serving or preferably overnight.
- Serve chilled using serving spoon in Royal Brierley Antibes - Shot Glass