Tiramisu is a classic Italian dessert of coffee coated biscuits. often containing cheese and rum. Here is a quick simple and non - alcoholic version of Tiramisu, which can be prepared in a jiffy.
500g mascarpone cheese
200 g cream
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1 cup coffee
Biscuits of choice
Whipped cream for decoration (optional)
Cocoa powder for dusting
Tools used -
Denby Studio Blue Pebble Bowl
Denby Natural Canvas Textured Espresso Cup
Jamie Oliver Balloon Whisk
Denby Studio Blue Pebble Small Coupe Plate
BergHOFF Gem Rectangular Baking Dish
Jamie Oliver Spatula
- Brew some coffee of your choice, anything from espresso or a simple homemade black coffee would work. You could optionally add a dash of any liquor to it (like rum or brandy). Let it cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl combine room temperature mascarpone cheese, cream and sifted powdered sugar! Whisk it well but don’t over mix, otherwise the mascarpone can curdle.
- Take BergHOFF's rectangular baking dish and start layering.
- First layer will be biscuits soaked in the cooled coffee! You can use any biscuits of your choice (if you have easy access to them then use lady finger biscuits).
- Then add a layer of our prepared mascarpone mixture.
- Repeat the layers until all your ingredients are used up or your baking dish is full.
- (Optionally set it in the fridge for some minutes).
- Dust it with cocoa powder right before having and you’re all set!!