Ingredients: For the Batter: ⅓ cup Gram flour (Besan) ¼ tsp Turmeric...
Missing the mouth-watering restaurant style Paneer Butter Masala? Try this rich creamy restaurant style mildly spiced paneer curry cooked in tomato cashew nut gravy by Sandhaya’s Kitchen. It is made with the simplest of ingredients, takes only 30 minutes to cook from scratch and can be enjoyed by the entire family!
Plated beautifully in our Denby Studio Blue range, this dish can be made in advance and also freezes well!
- 250g Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese)
- 5 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 2 dried Kashmiri Red Chilli
- 1" Ginger
- 4 Large Cloves Garlic
- 18-20 Cashew nuts
- 4 Large Vine Tomatoes 550g
- 2 Bay Leaf
- 1" Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 2 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala
- 3 Tbsp Cream
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Sugar
- 3 Tsp Coriander Leaves
- 1 Tsp Cream
Preparation for Paneer Butter Masala Gravy
- Cube the Paneer and soak them in hot water for 10 minutes.
- In a deep pan, heat 2 tbsp of butter and oil.
- Add red chillies, ginger, garlic and sauté for a minute.
- Add cashew nuts and sauté for another one minute.
- Add the tomatoes, stir. Cover and cook the tomatoes until they are soft. This takes about 5-6 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and allow the tomato cashewnut mixture to cool down.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender and blend to a smooth tomato puree.
How to make Paneer Butter Masala
- In the same pan, heat the remaining butter and add bayleaf and cinnamon stick. Sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the blended tomato puree, chilli powder, cardamom powder, coriander powder, salt & sugar and allow this mixture to cook and slowly leave the side of the pan.
- Add 1 Cup of water, stir well and allow it to boil for 2 minutes.
- Add the paneer, garam masala, cream, kasuri methi to the gravy and mix well. Cook for another one minute and switch off the flame.
- Garnish with cream and coriander leaves.
- Serve hot Paneer Butter Masala curry with Naan Bread, Cumin Rice and Cucumber Raita for a complete meal.