With summers here in all its glory, we have got for you easy...
Perfect to spice up your lunch or dinner, this delicious vegan summer recipe has been created by Jagruti at J Cooking Odyssey. In this recipe, cauliflower florets and chickpeas are coated tangy tandoori marinated and baked until golden and then wrapped in plain tortillas with fresh avocado chutney. Plated beautifully in our Denby Studio Blue collection, this recipe is dairy-free, plant-based and vegan!
3 cup cauliflower florets
2 cup boiled and drained white chickpeas
3 tbsp. oil
1 tbsp. tandoori masala
1 tbsp. kashmiri red chilli powder
1 tbsp. ground cumin and coriander
1 tbsp. dry mango powder
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. ginger-garlic paste
Salt to taste
For the avocado chutney
1 avocado peeled and stone removed
4 tbsp. freshly chopped coriander
1 hot green chilli
2 garlic cloves
2 Tbsp. lime juice
Tortilla wraps warmed
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 220 degrees C.
2. Combine the tandoori marinated ingredients.
3. Add in the cauliflower and chickpeas and gently mix together.
4. Transfer to the baking tray without overloading.
5. Cook in the oven for around 30-35 minutes. Check on it after 15-20 minutes to avoid overcooking.
6. Next, create the avocado chutney by placing all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth, if it is too thick add a little water or orange juice.
7. Once the cauliflower and chickpeas are baked, remove the tray from the oven.
8. Fill each tortilla with pink slaw and salad. Top with tandoori cauliflower and chickpeas and drizzle the homemade avocado chutney on top.
9. Finish with freshly chopped coriander and lime wedges.